Biodex Rehab Balance System SD
Equipment to improve balance, increase agility and develop muscle tone
The Biodex Balance System SD has been designed to meet the needs of everyone looking to improve balance, increase agility, develop muscle tone and treat a wide variety of pathologies. Featuring easy-to-follow touchscreen operation, the Balance System SD is simple to learn and operate, leading the user step-by-step through testing protocols and training modes in both static and dynamic formats. Extremely versatile, it is the only system that provides a fast, accurate Fall Risk Screening and Conditioning Program for older adults; closed-chain, weight-bearing assessment and training for lower extremity patients, and adds the objective balance assessment component to a concussion management program.
The Balance System SD also serves as a valuable training device to enhance kinesthetic abilities that may provide some degree of compensation for impaired proprioceptive reflex mechanisms following injury. Using this unique device, clinicians can assess neuromuscular control by quantifying the ability to maintain dynamic bilateral and unilateral postural stability on a static or unstable surface.
Features and Benefits:
- Static and Dynamic (SD): Offers 12 levels of platform control as well as static force setting.
- Balance Training: Includes proprioception, stabilization, range of motion and weight shift exercises.
- Fall Risk Screening Test Protocol: Standardized protocol that compares balance test results to age-dependent normative data.
- Software and Larger Display: Intuitive navigation, 15.6" touchscreen display for improved user experience. Accommodates external keyboard and mouse.
- Microsoft SQL Database: Allows clinician to easily store and retrieve patient data, multiple tests per patient. Export to Excel® for reporting and analytics.
- Objective Documentation: Printed color reports prove need, track progress and document outcomes – ideal for insurance reimbursement.
- Custom Reporting: Allows entry of unique comments to test results and assignment of CPT codes.
- Concussion Management Protocol: For preseason baseline testing and post-injury return-to-play management. Compare to age-dependent normative data using modified Clinical Test for Sensory Integration of Balance (mCTSIB).
- Normative Data: Healthy populations stored for test comparison of older adults for fall screening and student athletes for concussion management.
- Audio/Visual Biofeedback: Motivates patient by prompting proper balance control in real-time. Allows clinician to easily monitor patient during interactive testing/training.
- Games for Balance: Single and dual-task, and high-repetition balance training games enhance patient engagement and drive better outcomes.
- Vibrotactile Feedback: Enhanced biofeedback for Biodex balance technology.
- Multipurpose Connectivity: Allows connection to larger monitors and projectors to enhance interaction for visually impaired patients.
- Support Handles: Adjustable from 34"- 47" above platform (86 – 19 cm). Handles can be removed when not in use or interchanged with the optional FreeSway Handles.
- FreeSway Handles: Floating handles provide security without impeding balance recovery.
- Locking Surface: Helps ensure patient safety while moving on or off platform.
- Mobility: Transport wheels allow easy relocation between clinic and community for fall screening programs and health fairs.
Call 877-939-0334 for more information.