Biodex Rehab BioStep 2 Semi-Recumbent Elliptical
Semi-recumbent elliptical for low-impact total body workout
Biodex Rehab BioStep 2 Semi-Recumbent Elliptical incorporates both the upper and lower extremities into the cycling motion; users experience less local muscle fatigue. This allows similar heart rates to be achieved at lower rates of perceived exertion when compared to traditional exercise ergometers. Blood pressures can be checked by simply releasing one arm while the other three extremities comfortably continue to perform the exercise.
BioStep 2 provides a zero impact, safe and comfortable total body workout in both forward and reverse directions, making it ideal for general aerobic conditioning of your adult population. Articulating hand grips and footplates add comfort while strengthening the primary muscles associated with balance, gait and mobility. The low-impact elliptical motion of the BioStep 2 also helps strengthen the muscles important to maintaining function – those muscles specifically associated with mobility, gait and balance.
The fluid, elliptical motion is forgiving on the knees, ankles, hips and lower back…a natural closed-chain, low-impact, functional exercise. The BioStep 2 reduces joint impact because the user is not required to lift and strike their feet on the walking surface. By combining lower extremity motion with upper body exercise, the BioStep 2 provides a total body workout in both forward and reverse directions, thereby involving different muscle groups.
Features and Benefits:
- Elliptical motion: provides smooth continuous “zero-joint impact” exercise
- Self powered, self charging: cordless capability; use it anywhere
- 1:1 arm to leg motion: for natural arm swing rhythm
- Articulating hand grips: provide comfort for those with forearm or wrist impingements
- Rotating seat: to 90° on either side with step-through design for easy and safe access
- Movable armrests: for added comfort and stability when needed
- Seat belt: offers support and security for users with limited torso control
- Optimized seat height: for wheelchair transfers and controlled hip flexion
- Up to 600 watts: to accommodate a wide spectrum of users
- Constant resistance: 20 effort levels provide greater program options
- Heart rate monitoring: Polar® contact hand grips (telemetry compatible) to ensure proper training intensity
- Sturdy: well-placed grab handles provide added stability
- Large, easy-to-use “Quick Start” display: features time, rpm, watts, calories, METs, distance, total steps, heart rate
- Large utility holder: provides a convenient storage place for water bottles and allows for hands-free reading
- Robust design: for heavy institutional use
Call 877-939-0334 for more information.