Biodex Rehab NxStep Unweighing System
3-point harness system to offload patient weight during rehabilitation
The Biodex Rehab NxStep Unweighing System enables partial weight-bearing therapy with open access to the patient. Offloading a percentage of body weight allows the opportunity for early rehabilitation while providing a safe environment for patient and therapist. Therapists can focus on treating their patients, manually facilitating lower extremities.
The dynamic, single-point suspension of NxStep accommodates pelvic rotation and vertical displacement. This encouragement of proper mechanics allows functional gait patterns to be practiced. When used in combination with the Biodex Gait Trainer, a comprehensive gait training environment complete with audio cueing and visual biofeedback, is possible.
NxStep Unweighing System allows full and partial weight bearing without compromising proper gait kinematics. Depending on walking speed, up to four inches of vertical displacement is permitted while the system maintains a consistent level of unweighing.
The ability to allow pelvic rotation has its own advantages. Unlike two-point suspension systems that have a tendency to restrict rotation on a horizontal plane, the single-point method of NxStep permits functional pelvic rotation and versatility when walking, side-stepping, retro-walking and turning. Patients can engage in reactive postural control exercises or change direction without repositioning the entire support system.
The unique, forward corner-mounted design of NxStep enables many advantages. Therapists can view patients from all angles; patients have full visibility of treadmill display and, the open design allows natural arm swing, an essential component to encourage neuroplasticity.
Features and Benefits:
- Full Patient Access: open frame design encourages therapist facilitation and clears an unobstructed forward view for patients.
- One-Handed Control: press a button to raise or lower patient; another to set unweighing load.
- Counters Harness Slippage: Auto Unload feature compensates for potential harness movement due to slippage or posture changes.
- Convenient Control: newly designed hand-held remote can be magnetically attached anywhere on the frame.
- Safe Environment: dynamic, single-point suspension is safer for patients and negates the need for therapist support and risk of personal injury.
- Pelvic Stabilization: possible as single- or two-point stabilization with retention cords.
- Tall and Small: from pediatric to 6' 3" when standing over a treadmill with a 7" step-up, such as the Gait Trainer 3.
- Get Comfortable: therapist seat can easily be moved along the base of the frame or from side-to-side. A second seat is available separately.
- Handrails As Needed: easily removable for specific balance training exercise.
- Room-to-Room: collapses to 32" (81 cm) wide to fit through standard door frames.
Call 877-939-0334 for more information.