Biodex Rehab Sit2Stand Squat-Assist Trainer
Equipment designed to help patients learn to sit and stand unassisted
Designed to ensure proper biomechanics, the Biodex Rehab Sit2Stand Squat-Assist Trainer is ideal for strengthening the muscles associated with rising from a seated position. It is easy to use with conveniently located adjustment levers for seat height and assistance, and biomechanically positioned arm supports. Wellness members can utilize the device with minimal supervision, strengthening both upper and lower extremities, important for maintaining independence.
One of the most fundamental motions required to maintain/sustain a greater quality of life is the ability to stand from a seated position. Performed many times throughout the day, this biomechanically demanding movement requires more lower extremity joint torque and range of motion than walking or stair climbing.
With attention to detail in the biomechanics of the sit-to-stand motion and the therapy process, the Biodex Sit2Stand is designed to allow the therapist full access to the patient to train and reinforce strategies for the sit-to-stand motion while providing the patient a safe environment.
In addition to lower extremity strengthening, the Sit2Stand contributes to upper extremity strength gain. Upper extremities often compensate for lower extremity weakness, which can lead to upper extremity pain. There is a correlation between increased leg strength and reduction in shoulder problems relating to the sit-to-stand motion.
Features and Benefits:
- Assistance Selector: An exclusive Biodex design that provides graded concentric and eccentric exercise throughout the sit-to-stand motion. The system also provides the option to perform gentle, progressive plyometrics for developing fast-twitch fibers which are so important for older adults.
- One-Touch Assist Control: Provides 15 levels of weight-bearing assistance ranging from 5 lb. to 250 lb.
- Contoured Seat with Supporting Backrest: The large, comfortable seat articulates naturally to correspond with pelvic tilt during the sit-to-stand motion.
- Wheelchair Accessible: The specially designed platform safely accommodates patient transfers.
- Arm Supports: Contribute to upper extremity strengthening and can be moved out of the way for easy on/off access.
- Adjustable Seat Height: Seat height is fully adjustable to suit varying patient leg length and height, hip movement and orthopedic conditions.
- Indexed Foot Base: A foot placement grid provides clear reference for therapists to easily communicate and continually repeat correct foot positioning.
- Retractable Stabilization Belt: The fully adjustable belt provides a secure environment for patients with limited torso control.
- Range-of-Motion Limiter: Allows for two starting positions to accommodate users with limited range of motion.
- Call 877-939-0334 for more information.