IOMED OptimA Iontophoresis Electrodes
Disposable electrodes for transdermal drug delivery with iontophoresis
Size(s): Small, Medium, Large
IOMED OptimA Iontophoresis Electrodes are another addition to the already successful arsenal of electrotherapy equipment manufactured by IOMED Inc. One of the main methods of drug delivery systems IOMED Inc. specializes in is the needle-free system of delivery called iontophoresis. Because this method of drug delivery is non-invasive, is easily administered by the clinician, and pain-free for the patient, it is often times the method of choice for electrotherapy treatments.
These electrodes are among the most comfortable buffered electrodes available on the market today. This unique layered buffer design plays a major role in alleviating skin irritation while maintaining a stable pH level. Unlike other buffered electrodes that have air pockets that cause an uneven current distribution, the OptimA electrodes are filled with a uniformed pH defining agent and a buffering agent that essentially create an even distribution of current.
Each case includes 12 kits.
Features and Benefits:
- Oval shape conforms to a wide variety of treatment sites
- Adhesive foam stretches and adheres well when under stress
- Three conveniently sized electrodes with advanced buffering technology
- pH defining agent adjusts pH to ideal target to optimize transport when using a carbon conductive element
- Viscosity enhancing element creates uniform current distribution for greater patient comfort
- Treatment Kit contains: one drug electrode, one dispersive pad, and one alcohol pad
- Latex free